Check here to learn about highway and ferry alerts.
30 Miles of (Mostly) Nighttime Repaving on Whidbey Island
Work Going on Now Through Fall
Work is underway to give the highway through the heart of Whidbey Island a much-needed re-paving. Give yourself an extra 30 minutes if you’re traveling up and down the island and have a deadline.
Daytime interruptions will be kept to a minimum, but drivers will want to watch for traffic signs.
Here’s the upcoming work schedule from the DOT as of 6/15/17:
One more week of consistent day work between Coupeville and Freeland.
- Work will continue through Friday, June 16 at 7 p.m.
- No work Saturday, June 17.
- Work resumes Sunday, June 18 at 7 a.m. and will be going around the clock through the morning of Thursday, June 22.
- No day work Thursday, June 22.
- Overnight work Thursday, June 22 starting at 7 p.m. and crews will wrap up for the week Friday morning, June 23 at 7 a.m.
- They will not work Saturday, June 24.
You can always check for changes or updates at this link…